The Best Medical Aesthetics Courses in Coquitlam BC
Botox® injections remain the #1 requested “non-invasive” aesthetic service by patients. This Botox® course is a comprehensive course with hands-on training for attendees. Learn all the various Botox® facial injections including specialty injections for the face in a safe and efficacious manner to improve the appearance of dynamic wrinkles and enhanced patient care.
The course is taught by Board Certified Physicians who not only enjoy teaching but perform these procedures within their own practice. Review facial anatomy, consultation considerations (patient presentations), protocols, and treatment pearls to perform these injections with the highest standard of care.
BC Medical Spa is the leading cosmetic academy that welcomes students who live in Coquitlam and all surrounding areas like North Vancouver, Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, etc in British Columbia. Give us a call at (604) 773-6401 to get a free consultation.
$1950 + Tax
& Text Book
Medical Aesthetics Courses for Licensed
- Medical Doctor (MD); or
- Dentist (DDS); or
- Registered Nurse (RN); or
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN); or
- Naturopathic Doctor; or
- Out-of-country medical certification holders
- Aesthetic Facial Assessment
- Understanding Botox®
- How the muscles work and facial anatomy
- Client consultation and selection
- Safety consultation precautions
- Planning tools for an effective treatment
- Discussing safety and disposal standards
- Mastering injection safety and discussing complications
- Knowledge and practical treatment measures
- Ongoing professional support after completion of your course
- Discussing business strategies and successful company startup tools
Treatment Area Topics:
- Oculi (crows feet) lines
- Glabellar (frown) lines
- Forehead lines
- Nasalis (bunny) lines
- Vertical lip lines
- Oral commissure (marionette) lines
- Brow lowering or elevation
- Horizontal necklines
- Excessive underarm sweating
- Facial (masseter muscle) slimming
- Chronic migraine headache
- Bruxism (teeth cleaning & grinding)
What is Botox®?
Botox® is the trade name for Botulinum Toxin, a neurotoxin in the form of a purified protein. The mechanism of action for Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) is really quite simple; it is injected into facial muscles but doesn’t affect the muscle at all. Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) works by blocking the transmitters between the motor nerves that innervate the muscle.
The areas typically treated with Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) for wrinkles are the forehead, between the eyes (glabellar region), around the corners of the eyes (crow’s feet), and around the lips (smokers lines or gummy smile). There is no loss of sensory feeling in the muscles. Once the motor nerve endings are interrupted, the muscle cannot contract, causing wrinkles in the skin to smooth. The effects of Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) last approximately three to four months, at which time the patient will require retreatment.
Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) has important clinical uses as an adjunct in facial pain and bruxism cases for patients with chronic TMJ and orofacial pain. Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) is also used to complement esthetic dentistry as a minimally invasive alternative to surgery.
Botox Costemic Treatments
BC Medical Spa Clinic has this treatment and we welcome patients who live in Coquitlam and all surrounding areas like North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Langley, etc in British Columbia. Give us a call at (604) 773-6401 to make your appointment and learn more about the benefits of it!