Brief Course Description:
Our Aesthetic Dermatology Technician Course will teach students how to operate the laser and IPL machines for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, pigmentation treatment and spider vein removal. Students will identify common skin disorders while learning how to do full facial treatments using ozone therapy, steaming, high frequency and radiofrequency devices.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Perform an aesthetic facial assessment
- Understand the anatomy of human skin and skin disorders
- Perform deep vacuum pore cleansing and extraction
- Initial client consultation and after-care
- Discuss safety and disposal standards
- Operate equipment maintenance
- Operate and perform facial steaming therapy
- Perform galvanic lifting and ultrasonic
- Perform Microdermabrasion treatments
- Perform High-Frequency treatment
- Operate and perform radiofrequency treatments
- Perform intro Laser IPL treatments
- Perform intro training to chemical peels
- Minimum Age: All applicants must have completed grade 12 or be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- A copy of photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport or BCID) is required to prove identity.
- Membership: All applicants must complete an application form and pay the application fee before processing.
- All International students must obtain a valid education work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. A copy of the approved work permit must be submitted to the school.
- BC Medical Spa requests an interview with each applicant. Applicants who cannot attend a personal interview must set up a phone or video call interview.
- All domestic students must present proof of grade 10 English. International students must show English comprehension by meeting an IELTS, TOEFL or TOEIC overall score of at least 5.5 or higher.
- An interview with the SEA may be used to assess the applicant’s English to waive the above requirements.
“This program does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, PTIB did not review this program”. www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca